By Giorgio PiolaGiorgio Paolo Scalfarelli has revealed the first time he met the media was on the eve of a Serie A game against Sampdoria in which he was sacked after nine months.
The Italy international said that he and his team-mates had been treated with respect from the start and that they had never once been asked to speak to the media.
“There were no questions about the job we were doing,” he said.
He added: “There were a few who questioned me, but in the end it was the same for all of us.”
He also said that the club did not receive any requests from the media on his behalf.
But he also said there was a certain level of pressure on the club when he was fired.
“It was a very, very strange moment for the fans,” he added.
Scalfareli’s future remains uncertain.
Despite his dismissal, he is believed to be in line to take up a new job at Genoa, who finished sixth in Serie A last season, despite finishing in fourth place.
On Friday, it was reported that Sampdora will offer him a new contract worth around €2.3 million a year, a huge increase from the €1.5 million he was paid before his sacking.
However, the Giuseppina said he would not sign a new deal, saying that he had already spoken to Genoa owner Massimo Moratti.
And he was not the only player to come out in support of Scalfares reinstatement.
Nemanja Matic also expressed his support for Scalfarenchi.
In a statement, he said: “I have always been proud to be part of a club like Juventus, where every player is part of the team and the team works for every player.”
Scalise was sacked following a 2-0 defeat to Sampdori on January 12, and the club had been due to meet his representatives on Friday.
Marek Bialik was also suspended following his side’s 2-1 defeat to Milan on the final day of the season, and former Sampdor defender Daniele Bonacic was fined by the club.
They are now due to resume their training sessions on Monday and are expected to be on the training field on Tuesday.
It was announced on January 13 that Scalfaria would not be making his return to the club until March 2018, and he is now in the process of securing a new three-year deal.